Saturday, 28 April 2012

Getting ready for a BUSY month!

So today I just received my trips schedule for the next month, and wowee it is a busy month for all of us on the team! I leave for a trip tomorrow with 10 participants, and I will be the solo- that's right no other facilitator... needless to say I am a little nervous, but Johnathan will be the Masaai guide on the trip and I have worked with him before and we get along great. This trip will run until the 13th of May, so that means I will be spending my 26th birthday in the Mara, the third one in East Africa. For those of you reading who have my kenyan cell number feel free to sms ;)

Once this trip is finished I only have one day in Nairobi before heading out on my next trip, which will last until June 1st (my sister Joce's birthday). So it is a very very busy month, but I am really excited to get the chance to solo a trip, as that does not happen often.

To go back to my last entry, we had a staff retreat on the coast of Kenya which was a blast. We played a lot of team building games, swam until we were water logged and then swam some more. It was the perfect way to get ready for our busy season.

On a more personal note, I am missing friends and family from home, but it is nice to be able to Skype and get emails here and there, so keep it up!

Until next time:

"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end.  It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it."
  ~Margaret Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment